1. I realize that most people will be talking about the Pope but I just cannot hold back. I LOVE POPE FRANCIS I; every time I think of him I start to smile, not a weak smile but one that grows wider and wider till joy reaches my heart and makes my eyes sparkle.
This man is God’s man.
2. I think this Pope Francis I will touch ordinary people and make a difference.
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio has refused the luxuries that came with his appointment as cardinal; he lives simply. Bergoglio is known for his personal simplicity. In Argentina he lived in a simple apartment rather than the archbishop’s palace, cooked his own meals, and gave up his chauffeured limousine in favor of taking the bus to work.Those who know him say that he is shy, humble and holy. But a man of principle and integrity He lives what he preaches.
3. His voice, body language, gestures all shout loudly that his humility and compassion are true, not put on or learned habits but everything Bergoglio did or said reflects his core self. Just look at his face. It speaks louder than any sermon he might give.
5. He has strength of will behind his convictions. How many 76 year-old men would still hold out against a chauffeured smooth quiet drive to work” Heck, do you know any 76 year-old who would continue to give up a cook, maid, etc to do all the cooking and housework themselves.
6. He is NOT afraid to proclaim politically incorrect views.
Last year he gave a strong exhortation to fellow church officials pointing out their hypocrisy for forgetting that Jesus Christ bathed lepers and ate with prostitutes.
Last year, Bergoglio compared Catholic priests who refused to baptize the children of unwed mothers to the Pharisees of Jesus’ day.
“These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church,” he said, adding, “Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit”.