YOU won the All for Jesus Challenge hosted by Catholic Families!
Seeing as how it is STILL the season of EASTER!!!…we are pleased to announce that YOU are a winner of the All for Jesus Lent Challenge…
Entry post: Keep the Love in Lent
“I’m participating in the Keeping LOVE in LENT Blog Link-Up 2013
Hosted by: Raising (& Teaching) Little Saints, Truly Rich Mom and Arma Dei: Equipping Catholic Families.
Keep the Love in Lent
- It is Lent, the time to draw closer to God, to open the door to our heart . As we focus on the voice of God, we begin to hear His whispers and His desire to love us and communicate with us.
- We stand before the Cross, longing for a deeper communion with God. First we must allow Him to wash the mud off our souls and spirits, to bring good out of every trauma, wound, and sin.
- For God deemed it better to bring good out of evil than not to permit it at all.” –St. Augustine.
- WHY? We must come to the realization that we need a Saviour. It usually takes, even Contemplative Monks decades to finally let go of the last of their pride and to humbly surrender control. Pride makes us try to earn our salvation with good works.
- “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.” -Ephesians 2:8,9
Words to Ponder
- Catholics think of Lent, they think of ascetic fasting and heroic acts of the saints but God has finally gotten through to me. I cannot earn His love or Presence. He must do everything in me. This is true humility.
- Pride entices me to work harder, pray more, fast religiously and perform heroic acts of virtue. Humility accepts that only God can save me and other people. It is my job simply to surrender in prayer and give Him permission to flow through me how ever and when ever He wants.
3 thoughts on “The All for Jesus Challenge”
Wow! You never know where the seed you plant blooms!
I like that insight, cast seeds, don’t worry He uses what ever we do to touch hearts