7 brilliant quotes from c.s. lewis that remind us of the importance of the mundane, day-to-day lives we live in Christ. I had wanted to be a nun or a missionary in university and when God plunked a fellow in front of me and said, “This is the man you will marry” , I was disappointed. 35 years and 9 kids later, I am thrilled that I obeyed, of course.
All other careers exist for one purpose only
– and that is to support the ultimate career.
2 The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one’s life.
It is frustrating to be in the middle of a project, only to be interrupted yet again. This quote works like magic because this phrase soon has me chuckling over my self-importance.
3.Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.
4. The sun looks down on nothing half so good as a household laughing together over a meal.
5. Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
Being in love” first moved them to promise fidelity: this quieter love enables them to keep the promise..
To love at all is to be vulnerable.
It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: “What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
6. Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive
7. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain.