- I am not exaggerating or acting like some immature drama queen. I mean, really, I have spent 18 years pregnant, nursing and rinsing cloth diapers in the toilet, for heaven’s sake. No, genuine miracles happened this week; I am still reeling because gifts simply fell into my lap, without any effort on my part. Mind you, I have written for 5-8 hours a day, every day for 18 months but still, I cannot deny the hand of God as He put His plans into action.
When I try to make something happen on my own, I am forced to exert a lot of energy. When GOD makes things happen, everything falls into place and i just follow in His footsteps. Fr. Rick Thomas, a jesuit priest in based in Texas who ministers in mexican garbage dumps has a powerful saying:
If you want to do something for God, you will have to work hard and pay for it on your own. If God wants you to do something, He will provide, He will pay for it.
31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Children trust but adults struggle to surrender control. Time and time again a cheque has come in the mail just in time to staff off disaster, anonymously and last winter rather than refilling our oil tank every three weeks for months, ONE TANK of heating oil lasted from early December till the end of March. Yet, we still slip into worry, judging our situation with human eyes the next time a crisis arises.
- It is even more difficult to trust and WAIT for God to lead especially when it takes decades to unfold. I discovered this last two weeks that when I do wait, do the results are amazing.
- My spiritual director casually added, as I was leaving, that now my work on the internet and my writing would expand and grow.
On Monday, a Catholic Publisher contacted me, asking if I had a book in mind and was I interested in publishing. After months of feeling lost, not sure of self publishing, leery of knocking on publishers’ doors 80 different times and facing rejection, God brought the publisher to me. She knows I am clueless, with out my stories even organized but she believes in us as a team. Unbelievable, but true.
Three weeks ago, the day after my director spoke to me, Jackie Parkes at Association Of Catholic Women Bloggers, asked me if I would consider taking over her site as the new administrator. I am artistic, so of course the first thing that I worked on was the template, layout and design. Lots of fun even if my skills are minimal.
- Two days later, after leaving a comment on Catholic Attachment Parenting Corner, Kim e-mailed me . She is obviously a woman of prayer; her words were powerful; she had thought and PRAYED about me. She then felt led to ask if a would become a staff writer.
ReadWave asked me to become a staff reviewer, reading 10 stories a week! Now that sounds like fun
16 thoughts on “7QT Friday- God’s Timing Is Not Our Timing”
My prayers are with you as you follow God’s guidance through this next adventure! How exciting to know you and watch God provide what you need as you go.
wonderful news and opportunities. May God bless and guide your pen!
So happy for your new opportunities and growth!!! Let go and let God…Wow!!!
Our God is an AWESOME God!
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:16 AM, joy of nine9
You are an inspiration to me as a Mother and woman following God’s will for your life. May God bless you for all you have done!
well it took me long enough befor I started to write.. I am making up for it now
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM, joy of nine9
God bless you and your family.
same to you
On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 7:36 AM, joy of nine9
Mighty is the pen in your hand, Mighty is His Word! I have repeatedly reminded you that your posts, His writings, present powerful relationships for those that enter your pages.
Congratulations on the book offer. That is so exciting! When God has a plan, He provides.
This happened to me two weeks ago. I cancelled voice lessons for financial reasons, and told the instructor I’d be back when I got a job. The next morning, an old friend called to say that she needed someone to help care for her elderly mother, and that my name kept coming to mind. I told her about the discussion I’d had with my instructor the day before, to which she asked, “Well, your next phone call is going to be to have them put you back on the schedule, right?”
Now I get paid to sit in her room, keep an eye on her…and blog at the same time! Of course i sing for her too. It seems only fair that she reap some of the benefits of my employment!
Godspeed is the best speed!
God is good