This is the second time that this so called no award blog has joyful accepted an award because who can say no to the Sunshine Award?
Who can say no to Michael when the name of his blog is To Love and Truth with an incredible banner and avatar which both proclaim Catholic truth with flare and beauty?
For these awards, I graciously thank To Love and Truth. I am honored.
1. Use the award logo in the post.
2. Link to whoever nominated you.
3. Write 10 pieces of information about yourself.
4. Nominate fellow bloggers who meet the indicated criteria.
5. Leave a comment on the nominees’ blogs to tell them of the award.
My ten statements:
Well I just wrote an all about me article on my other blog http://themotherofnine9.wordpress.com, so I am going to be lazy and simply copy all 16 facts about myself rather than make up ten different ones. They are simply too funny and true to deprive you of all the facts. For those of you who read both, simply skip this part, unless you need another chuckle today.
1. I HATE scary movies. As soon as the music rises ominously, I start pacing. Once in a movie theatre, at The Lord of the Rings, I jumped and managed to throw quarts of popcorn in a 4′ radius all around us. It landed in people’s hair, on their coats… everywhere. My husband has never let me hold the popcorn again.
2. I am the definitive bookworm. I read at least 5 books a week till I was 15, stopping only if I had too much homework to keep it up. My mother used to beg me on nice summer days to , “At least read outside!” Sometimes, to limit my late night reading, I have read perched on the edge of a cold tub, only to realize 2 hours later that I am frozen and can hardly walk.
3. I love STRONG tea, butter tarts, red wine and cilantro. I love old houses and restoring their beauty, gardening, big windows and old pine floors.
4. Someone told my mother that I was cute but my sister would be beautiful! I am short, 5′ 1″ and 104 lb. I was a cute little kid (the grade six girls wanted to cart me around like a doll ), a cute new mother, my kids’ friends think I am cute and I will be a cute, little old lady. Doomed to be forever cute.
5. I have a sadistic streak. The times I have laughed the hardest concern my husband and bathtubs. Once Michael was stuck in a too small bathtub, trying to rinse his hair with a princess shower head without getting any water on the floor. The second hilarious incident was when he was stuck in a cold bath, with his leg sticking straight out in a cast, while I attempted to haul him up! Both times I laughed so hard that I ended up on the floor. My husband did not even smile.
6. My athletic skills are dismal. Michael, my athletic husband finally gave up on trying to find a sport to suit me when he realized that the only possible choices were a very gentle game of badminton or croquet but even that was a stretch.
7. At 13, I played Becky Thatcher in a Tom Sawyer musical even though I really can’t sing. I also I had to kiss him in front of the school, then night performances, a televised production and sing on a record. I STILL cringe at the memory.
8. I can’t spell, type, and I am basically just entering the 21st century’s computer world. So what would be the most difficult dream be to fulfill? Why, become a writer and of course this is the path I find myself on.
9. I love my husband and my kids. I love play dough, looking for bugs, colouring, reading kids books and making doll houses. I really need lots of grandkids.
10. I am eccentric, living on the margins of society and I love quirky, intellectual nerds with a sense of humour. I often laugh in the face of tragedy. It works for me.Only my parents really get my humour.
11. God has managed to heal and love me in spite of myself and I could weep in gratitude for His patient mercy.
12. If it was not for my daughters buying me clothes, cutting and dying my hair and teaching me about make-up, I would look very frumpy.
13. I was pregnant and nursing, often both, for 18 years without a break. My husband says he saved me from becoming a nun librarian.
14. I am an inefficient square, trying to force myself to roll through chores like a circle. I just recently have begun to take delight in my inefficiency.
15. I need to start drawing and painting again.
16 My favorite books are The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and the Bible.
I could nominate at least 30 blogs but I will try to limit myself to new discoveries, new bloggers or writers whom I have not nominated yet. Michael nominated many of the blogs I would have chosen as well.
The nominees for the awards are:
13 thoughts on “Starting the New Year With an Award”
Always great to read about you, even if it’s a refresher. Thanks for including me in your circle of radiance. 🙂 Peace and Joy, Brenda
you do have a way with words!
Why thank you! You’ll turn my head with your kind words. I am revising my novel, my first fiction since college, and I realize how much blogging has improved my writing. In other words, lots of cutting and slashing. A horror story, a word bath. LOL Cheers, Brenda
hip, hip hooray
Thank you! This is the 2nd Sunshine award I have been given, and guess what?
You gave me my first Sunshine! (yes, I can remember who, when, where people gave me something…My brain’s just wired that way….
Anyway, the 2nd Sunshine, hmmm, actually I think that will be the name of the post! And 10 more facts about myself…. let’s see….
Best wishes for blessings in 2014 🙂
I could not help it..you popped into my head again…so it was meant to be!
Congratulations!!! Also: thank you! 🙂
And the painting for your header is PERFECT.
yes! I had wanted to ask you-thank-you
Thank you so much, cutie 🙂 –I mean Melanie!– for everything…
It’s a real thrill for a newbie like me. Happy New Year!
my pleasure- giggle>smile