Single Mom Smiling nominated me for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is an accolade passed around by bloggers with fewer than 500 followers. (I have supposedly have 1,195 followers but not really!!)at
It’s a way to give bloggers an exposure boost, and a little love. Liebster is a German term of endearment that translates as that means sweetheart, beloved, or darling. I was honored to be chosen by Strahlen and am delighted at the opportunity to pass it on.
To accept the Liebster Award, a blogger must:
- Make a post about the award, thanking the blogger that nominated you.
- State 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 or less followers
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Things about Me
1. I HATE scary movies. As soon as the music rises ominously, I start pacing. Once in a movie theatre, at The Lord of the Rings, I jumped and managed to throw quarts of popcorn in a 4′ radius all around us. It landed in people’s hair, on their coats… everywhere. My husband has never let me hold the popcorn again.
2. I am the definitive bookworm. I read at least 5 books a week till I was 15, stopping only if I had too much homework to keep it up. My mother used to beg me on nice summer days to , “At least read outside!” Sometimes, to limit my late night reading, I have read perched on the edge of a cold tub, only to realize 2 hours later that I am frozen and can hardly walk.
3. I love STRONG tea, butter tarts and red wine and cilantro. I love old houses and restoring their beauty, gardening, big windows and old pine floors.
4. Someone told my mother that I was cute but my sister would be beautiful! I am short, 5’1″ and 104lb. I was a cute little kid (the grade six girls wanted to cart me around like a doll ), a cute new mother, at 58, my kids’ friends think I am cute and they are 16/17 and I will be a cute, little old lady. Doomed to be forever cute.
5. I have a sadistic streak. The times I have laughed the hardest concern my husband and bathtubs. Once Michael was stuck in a too small bathtub, trying to rinse his hair with a princess shower head without getting any water on the floor. The second hilarious incident was when he was stuck in a cold bath, with his leg sticking straight out in a cast, while I attempted to haul him up! Both times I laughed so hard that I ended up on the floor. My husband did not even smile.
6. My athletic skills are dismal. Michael, my athletic husband finally gave up on trying to find a sport to suit me when he realized that the only possible choices were a very gentle game of badminton or crochet but even that was a stretch.
7. I love my husband and my kids. I love play dough, looking for bugs, colouring, reading kids books and making doll houses. I really need lots of grandkids.
8. I am eccentric, living on the margins of society and I love quirky, intellectual nerds with a sense of humour. I often laugh in the face of tragedy. It works for me.Only my parents really get my humour.
9. God has managed to heal and love me in spite of myself and I could weep in gratitude for His patient mercy.
10. If it was not for my daughters buying me clothes, cutting and dying my hair and teaching me about make-up, I would look very frumpy.
11. I was pregnant and nursing, often both, for 18 years without a break. My husband says he saved me from becoming a nun librarian.
11 Answers to Questions
- What is one word to define you?- joyfully quirky
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?- Ireland
- What is your favorite book? Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- What is your dream job? artist or writer
- What is your favorite Bible passage or verse? Behold, all things have become new 2 Corinthians 5:17
- What is your favorite holiday? the cottage with all my kids and grandkids
- Mountains, seashore, flatlands? the seashore
- What is your greatest strength? my sense of humour
- If you could do life over again, what is the one thing you would do? draw and paint, write all through motherhood years
- If you knew life was ending tomorrow, what is the one thing you would do? love and build up my kids and husband
- What is holding you back from doing that today ha- nothing
11 Great Bloggers
please, do not feel pressured to fulfill all the requirements and I cheated; if you want to answer questions you can answer the same ones I did.
- She has just written her first post but Catholic Artist, Ann Chapin has had a website and now is off to a wonderful start at The Holy Face
- i nevertoldher who writes powerful, moving poetry and stories at thegirlz
- ellen maddy a missionary with her husband and two little boys in Iraq at eyes on heaven
- William Ockham at Teilhard de Chardin writes deep, powerful articles that connect me with the heart of God
- Heather Mertons writing at 40 year wanderer ,who is working on a wonderful book which I contributed to
- Michael Seagriff wise, always writing in the Spirit at harvesting the fruits of contemplation
tami schuelke at Mother of the Fiat is homeschooling and fighting cancer
- Brian Gill at Catholic Citizen America , writes the truth, yet completely new stuff for me and always supportive of other Catholic bloggers
- Mary at Reflections From the Heart is a great writer
- Kasy at Ponder Anew is always inspiring and insightful
- buffalo tom peabody is a master at hilarious techno image stuff.. well you just have to take a peek at buffalotompeabody