A SIMPLE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF GREAT CATHOLIC WRITING WHICH BRINGS JOY, TRUTH, FREEDOM OR ENCOURAGEMENT TO OTHERS
IT CAN BE SOMEONE WHO WRITES ABOUT
THEIR STRUGGLES AND PAIN. BRINGING HOPE TO OTHERS
LIFE IN GOD
FAITH STORIES THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH
PASS THIS AWARD ON TO A FELLOW CATHOLIC WRITER OR TWO
POST THE RECIPIENT’S NAME AND BLOG IF APPLICABLE, AWARD TITLE, LOGO WITH A SIMPLE LINK BACK TO
2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Nancy Schuman is hilarious. After she recieved the award, she said….
Pinch me.I have just received a newly minted Catholic Writer’s Award, fresh out of the box, from none other than Melanie Jean Juneau. And to make the whole thing even more interesting, Melanie was writing about this while I (not having a clue that any such thing was being done) sat at Mass with what I considered a ‘distraction’ suddenly popping into my head. Wouldn’t it be nice, thought I, if there were a simple, attractive, no-strings-attached-Catholic-bloggers’ award, one acknowledging really good faith-blogging. I came home, turned on the computer, and found It Had Just Been Done. Then, even as I was reeling from the timing of that, I discovered that I was actually one of the first recipients. Pinch me. The award itself is beautiful (isn’t it beautiful?!!!!?!), and I love what Melanie wrote about it. Which can be found here: https://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/a-new-catholic-writing-award/ ) ‘
What a wonderful job you have done, Melanie. May this beautiful award spread far and wide!
Pinch me. But not just yet. I’m not quite ready to wake up.
AND the recipients so far are
I can only drop a few pebbles into the ocean of wonderful Catholic Writers, trusting that encouragement will spread through others
Michael Seagriff at Harvesting the Fruits of Contemplation
Cristina T at Filling My Prayer Closet
Nancy Ward at Joy Alive in Our Hearts
8 Kids and a Business 8kidsandabusiness.wordpress.com
Suffering With Joy sufferingwithjoy.com/blog/
Ellen Gable ellengable.wordpress.com
Kathleen Basi kathleenbasi.com
Mary Lenaburg http://passionateperseverance.blogspot.ca/
- Nancy Shuman –The Breadbox Letters and at The Cloistered Heart
. Nancy consistently posts poignant quotes and articles which inspire, uplift and challenge us to live a life deeply in the presence of God paired with gorgeous art. I love all of her stuff; she is a kindred soul.
- David Torkington- David Torkington
- David Torkington writes with heart and speaks right to my deepest longings for God. He is a journalist, author and speaker, who specializes in Prayer, Christian Spirituality and Mystical Theology. His personal spirituality is predominantly Franciscan, his Mystical Theology Carmelite, all welded together with a solid blend of Benedictine moderation.
Victor is funny, self deprecating, master story-teller who buries pearls of wisdom in captivating fiction. He is a published author who offers many ebooks for free.
- Carolyn Hughes writes at The Hurt Healer
- Not sure if she is Catholic but she is a lover of Jesus, Inspiration for anyone who wants to live their life as the person they were meant to be. I quote Carolyn herself , By reclaiming my life I have found the freedom to live life in sobriety and to recover from chronic depression.Today it is faith, forgiveness, serenity and joy that make up ‘The Hurt Healer’..
Put the logo in your own sidebar!
( PAINTING BY Pere Borrell del Caso, Escaping Criticism, 1874)